T: (028) 9066 6188
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Support Workers REF: 21-133-SW-WBLO-WEB
The Cedar Foundation deliver a range of services that enable people with disabilities to get the most out of life and to be fully included in their communities. Our services are centred around the individual needs of each person and are delivered throughout Northern Ireland.
Cedar is working in partnership with Choice Housing & Radius to provide Supported Living Service to adults over the age of 18 with a learning disability at a range of sites including bungalows and apartments across West Belfast with West Belfast Living Options. The extent of support provided ranges from 1hr to 24 hrs per day, with support and guidance in all daily living tasks including, personal care, leisure and social skills and household management.
The role of Support Worker requires a team approach at all times with effective working relationships for the benefit of the service user.
To assist service users with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion of service users in a broad range of activities.
To support service users with identified personal care and support needs.
Support workers are required to work flexibly and be available to work unsociable hours and public holidays on a rotational basis.
Hours: Full Time and Part Time contracts available
Location: West Belfast Living Options, 151 Glen Road Belfast, BT11 8BS
Hourly Rate: £9.29 per hour
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Interest in working with people in a care environment
- Annual Leave 5.6 weeks in each leave year (inclusive of public and statutory holidays). This increases with length of service, up to 33 days per year.
- Paid breaks
- Free tea and coffee
- Recognition & Reward scheme available to all staff in the course of their work
- Paid annual NISCC registration fees
- Investor in People Champion with commitment to development of employees through paid training and learning opportunities, including QCF Level 3.
- Enhanced rate of pay for working on bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme, 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution
- Occupational Sick Pay (2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks half pay after 6 months service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
Successful candidates will be appointed following satisfactory Access NI and other pre-employment checks. This Post is subject to an Enhanced Access NI check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from working with The Cedar Foundation. This will depend on the nature of the position, together with the circumstances and background of your offences or other information contained on a disclosure certificate.
Closing Date: 11th October 2021 at 12.30pm
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER