T: (028) 9066 6188
Support Worker Ref: 21-139-SW-C-WEB
Croft Communities provide Supported Living support to adults with learning disabilities. The Support Worker is part of the Croft Communities team and the main purpose of their role is to provide care and support to service users with a learning disability to enable them to live happy and fulfilled lives reaching their full potential within their local community.
The Support Worker would assist service users with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion of service users in a broad range of activities.
The role requires participation in the delivery of person-centred care, including personal care and promotion of a team approach at all times with positive and constructive working relationships for the benefit of the service user.
Support Workers are required to work flexibly and be available to work unsocial hours and public holidays on a rotational basis.
Hours: 30 hours per week
Location: 71 Bloomfield Rd, Bangor BT20 4UR
- Demonstrable evidence of 6 months experience in a caring and supportive role.
- Effective Numeracy & Literacy
- Competent in the use of ICT
- Knowledge of learning disability
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Committed to ensuring the provision of quality person centred services.
- Awareness of importance of promoting social inclusion for service users
- Understand the relevance of empowering people and promoting independence
- Appreciates the importance of respecting others and delivering excellent services
- Knowledge of RQIA
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends on a rota basis
Closing Date: 24th September 2021
CROFT COMMUNITIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER