T: (028) 9066 6188
Support Assistants (Days) Johnston Way Supported Living Service
The Cedar foundation deliver a range of services centred around the individual needs of each person and enabling people with disabilities to get the most out of life and to be fully included in their communities.
Johnston Way is a supported living service that provides 24-hour care and support in Lisburn, housing individuals with learning disabilities, mental health requirements and/or challenging behaviour.
We require confident, calm and compassionate people who can provide meaningful support in times of crisis and within a challenging environment. You will embrace the values of Cedar, be enthusiastic in your role and take part in personal development, you will also partake in mandatory training including Advanced MAPA®
The Support Assistant is part of the team whose responsibility is to meet the practical, physical and emotional needs of individuals in receipt of services within the Cedar Foundation Supported Living Schemes.
Through a key worker system, he/she will also have involvement in the designing of individual programmes of support and be responsible for delivering the accommodation support and care packages.
The Support Assistant will be required to follow support and care plans consistently to enable people to build their independent living skills.
Hours: 36 hours per week
Location: Johnston Way, Lisburn
Salary: £9.56 per hour
- Numeracy & literacy (English language) skills to help maintain records, such as service user monies, support documentation.
• Demonstrable evidence of 1 years care/support experience with experience of providing physical care / support for service users.
• Registered or willing to apply for registration with the N. Ireland Social Care Council.
Once offer of employment has been made, applicants must register with NISCC.
• Available to work on a rota basis including unsocial hours and weekends
• To undertake mandatory training including MAPA with annual refreshers and, mental health awareness training.
• Enthusiasm to take part in personal development.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Committed to ensuring the provision of quality person centred services.
• Awareness of importance of promoting social inclusion for service users
Apply online @ https://cedar foundation.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing Date: 6th December 2020 at 23:59
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER