Strategic Procurement and Contracts Manager (Fixed Term – 2 years with possibili
Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council
T: 028 9250 9250
STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACTS MANAGER (Fixed term for 2 years with the possibility of extension)
SALARY: Scale PO7, NJC Spinal Column Points 43-46, £46,845 – £49,864 per annum
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
As a member of the Service Transformation Directorate the post holder will be required to:
- Act as Lead Officer in the Development of a Strategic Procurement Plan for the Council;
- Introduce robust management of innovative commissioning methodology and processes as well as ensure all commission rules and responsibilities are reflected in a review of the Council’s governance documentation.
- Advocate and implement the principle of end to end service commission to contract management;
- Build the capacity of the organisation to deliver improved commissioning outcomes.
- Introduce and oversee a Programme of complex tendering projects within the Strategic Procurement Plan;
- Contribute to the delivery of objectives in respect of Procurement within the Asset Service and assist in meeting its objectives in accordance with the Corporate Services Departmental Plan such as stimulating the local economy.
- Assist in the delivery of Community benefits and Community Plan outcomes through council contracts.
- The post-holder may be required to perform additional or different duties from those listed below to address business needs and changing business practices and assume other duties as may be allocated in relation to the needs of the department.
The application form will only be available online. Applications for this post will be channelled exclusively through the Council’s e-recruit system therefore application forms in hard copy will not be available to candidates. However, the Council will consider any requests for an application to be made in hard copy and will provide alternative arrangements where possible, for example access to a computer.