Software Test Engineer
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Software Test Engineer (21N/STEO)
We are currently looking for a dedicated Software Tester to join our Randox Engineering Software Test team. Working as part of a team of Software Testers, you will develop an understanding of how each Randox analyser functions and then create software tests to ensure Randox analysers perform to the high-quality standards required for diagnostic devices.
This position will be based in Randox Science Park, Antrim, Northern Ireland.
• Play a major role to improve quality, functionality, reliability and usability of products
• Participate in test planning for various Randox analysers
• Provide Software Test review comments on various software lifecycle documents
• Design, document and execute both manual and automated test scripts as appropriate for the analyser
• Understand analyser operating scenarios to enable complete system test coverage
• Identify and record software defects within a problem-tracking system
• Work in cross-platform environments – Unix/Linux and Windows
• Participate in status reviews which may be Agile based or Waterfall based
• Ensure system is tested to a high quality standard
The successful applicant will have:
• A higher-level qualification in a Computer related discipline OR be able to demonstrate the necessary industrial experience – Minimum 2 years
• Ability to demonstrate some expertise in software testing
• Good knowledge of software testing processes and testing methodologies: V-Model, Waterfall and Agile
• Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
• Ability to work independently and in a structured way, using your initiative to remove ‘blockers’ to progress the work assigned to you
• Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritise work in a logical manner
• Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Willing to learn and explore new technologies
Familiarity with at least two of the following programming languages is desirable but not essential: C#, C++, Delphi, VB and Java. Experience of using an automated software test tool is desirable but not essential.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
This post is open to recent graduates and experienced Software Testers and as such, salary is negotiable pending experience. Start date is negotiable.
Randox is a world leader in in-vitro diagnostics supplying a range of innovative laboratory instruments and tests to a wide range of customers across the globe. Our mission is to create added value in healthcare by focussing on our expertise in diagnostics.
We play a pioneering role in laboratory medicine. High value is placed in research and development to continuously improve existing and develop innovative new products. This has allowed us to continuously grow and expand our international sales teams. Now is your chance to be part of strong, growing organisation.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer