Lagan Specialist Contracting Group
T: 028 9045 5531
Company: Charles Brand Ltd
Job Type: Full-time – Permanent
Line Manager: Project Manager/ Contracts Manager
Location: Northern Ireland
An excellent opportunity for a Site Agent to join Charles Brand to deliver secured Contracts in Northern Ireland. This role will be to deliver smaller Civil Engineering Contracts or be part of management team on a larger Civil Engineering Project helping to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of high quality projects on time and within budget.
What you'll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive
- Overall responsibility for the safe delivery, profitability, programme and management of all resources on site
- Compliance with Health & Safety Regulations ensuring that all issues of Health & Safety are monitored in accordance with CB policy and accurate records maintained
- Preparation and organisation of programme for work activities
- Recognise change and outline potential impact on cost, quality, buildability or programme.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparations of valuations including submitting claims for additions and Extensions of Time
- Procure materials and sub-contract work packages at cost effective prices
- External contact with sub-contractors and ensure timely payments are made.
- Provide efficient reporting on progress to management
- Assist, or provide members of site team to assist with tendering for new work
- Deputise for Project Manager if required
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required
- Third level qualification in a Civil Engineering related discipline.
- At least 6 years post graduate experience in the Civil Engineering industry
- At least 2 years experience in a similar supervisory role
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with Clients, Consultants and Designers
- Bring good ideas to the table and influence continual improvement.
What you’ll bring:
- Ability supervise and effectively monitor quality, safety, programme and cost
- Ability to manage dimensional control on site
- Ability to read and understand Construction drawings, Contract Documents, and Specification
- Ability to produce and manage Construction programmes
- Ability to assess and illustrate cost and value.
- Working knowledge of the NEC Contract
- Full valid driving licence
- IT literate in all Microsoft Office applications
- CSR/CSCS Qualification or equivalent
- IT literate in the use of online forms and records
- Working towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, ICE/CIOB)
- Nebosh Qualification
- Experience on marine projects
- Working knowledge of CAD, BIM
- Working knowledge of Accountancy Packages COINs
To apply for this post please submit your CV
We wish you every success in your application.
The closing date for completed applications is Friday 6th August at 12 Noon