Serum Processing Team Leader
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Randox is currently seeking applications for the position of Serum Processing Team Leader. This is a great opportunity for someone with existing experience to take on a new role within the company.
Overseeing and carrying out manufacturing within the serum department, as per departmental SOPs and Work Instructions. Processes include: The defibrination of plasma; the dialysis, concentration and filtration of serum; screening of plasma for LP(a) control/calibrator manufacture.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• The effective supervision and delegation of manufacturing tasks to the serum processing team.
• The training and development of staff and the conducting of regular training reviews.
• Liaising with Serum Formulation Manager to schedule based on demand and plasma availability.
• Ensuring accurate completion of work orders and quality records for each process.
• The receipt and storage of plasma and serum from external supplies. Liaising with purchasing and goods in departments to ensure plasma and serum stock is tracked accurately on Sage system.
• The ordering of materials, parts and equipment used within the department. The monitoring and organization of calibration and maintenance for department assets.
• Continual development of departmental procedures and forms to internal and external standards. Generation of process flow diagrams for manufacturing processes. Collaborate with validation team to ensure equipment and processes are working effectively.
• Participation in internal and external audits. Collaborate with QA department to complete CAPA actions, conduct process reviews and risk analysis on department processes.
• Monitoring and basic troubleshooting of the water purification system. Oversee the weekly microbial sampling of water, air and swabs within the department and organizing cleaning in response to failures.
• Be qualified to at least degree level in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Immunology or a Life Science.
• Possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Possess excellent organizational skills
• Be computer literate in Microsoft office programs
• Experience within a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in a supervisory / managerial role.
• Working knowledge of quality systems.
• Experience with stock management systems e.g. Sage
• Working Knowledge of health and safety including COSHH
• Familiar with Lean Manufacturing
Randox Laboratories are passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.