Quantity Surveyor x2
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
KN Circet are currently on the market for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with knowledge NEC 3 / 4 Contracts, who comes from an civils utilities and / or telecom back ground
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible in assisting the Commercial Manager / Director in implementing commercial reporting systems and procedures to maximise commercial benefits of all responsible contracts, with particular focus on risk mitigation, pricing of variations (EWN/CE Processes), detailed cost management, and day-to-day management of contracts or a portfolio of contracts.
Responsibilities as Quantity Surveyor include:
- Commercial functions of various work packages including Design, Test & Commission, Materials, Telecoms, Electrification, Power, Plant.
- Work with the project delivery teams responsible for the work packages / project change control and management
- Liaise with Project / Contracts Managers to collate information on the projects.
- Work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control.
- Prepare internal and external commercial reports / CVR’s.
- Establish and maintain interfaces with key stakeholders.
- Manage costs of both direct labour, material, plant and subcontractors.
- Estimate change / variations using various methods.
- Forecasts cost and measure cost of completed work packages.
- Assist with the implementation of commercial strategies.
- Hold Meetings with both Clients and Senior KN Circet Management to keep cost projections in line with program.
- Assist Tender and Bid teams with bills of quantities and budgets.
Health & Safety Obligations:
- Fully understand and implement the company safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure that the programmes for the contracts are successfully delivered in a Safe, Quality and On Time Manner.
- Ensure that a ‘Right First Time’ culture is adopted and developed throughout the business.
- Drive compliance to any regulatory measures that may apply to the works and operations that KN undertake.
- Ensure that all contracts achieve turnover and profitability by maximising efficiency and minimising cost of failure.
- Manage Client relationships within the client organisations across all areas.
- Sponsor new ways of working which would improve delivery and service then support any activities being undertaken to implement change.
Skills & Experience required:
- Degree qualified or similar.
- Proven ability to run complex bids and multiple bids.
- Understanding of pricing, cost and profit.
- Basic understanding of contract language.
- NEC3 / 4 experience.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, an ability to problem solve and make decisions.
The Good Bits:
KN Circet are committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages such as:
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Company car and fuel card or car allowance.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.