Quality Team Leader (Internal)
Company benefits: An attractive salary and Performance Related Pay (PRP) will be offered to the successful candidate. Company benefits include pension, healthcare scheme, company sick pay, holidays, shopping discount scheme, free car parking and cycle to work scheme.
Hours of Work: Hours will be variable between 32 – 48 hours per week as needed. Standard hours of work will be Monday – Friday 06:00am – 15:00pm or 08:00am to 17:00pm however flexibility to work overtime and/or Saturdays as necessary is essential.
The key responsibilities of the role can include:
• To operate the integrated Quality Management System including plans, procedures, guides, templates, training materials and tools by providing guidance and review / comment
• To lead a team within the Quality department in accordance with Health & Safety, quality and environmental standards ensuring full compliance in line with company management system at all times.
•Provide input and comment on quality requirements for procurement packages
• Ability to comply with the Health & Safety system as outlined in OHSAS: 18001 policies and procedures.
• Ability to supervise the efficiency of a complete team, and to plan, organise and coordinate production with the team.
• Providing support to their team to ensure deadlines are met
• Clear communication skills within the team with the ability to listen to and influence others and make decisions when required
• Ability to accept full ownership for the quality checks completed within your team.
• Monitoring team performance daily e.g. recognising good performance and coaching underperformance
• Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed through consultation with the Unit Leaders
• Experience of adhering to high quality standards
• Self-motivated and possess the qualities needed to lead their own team ideally within an industrial environment.
• Ability to comply with Health & Safety, Quality, and environmental standards
• Ability to co-ordinate on-the-job training of all new and existing team members
• Clear communication skills within the team with the ability to listen to, influence and motivate others and make decisions when required
• Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement within their team
• Excellent attendance and timekeeping
• Willingness to be flexible with overtime and work in various systems within the factory when required
• Knowledge and understanding of achieving targets
• Previous work experience on civil engineering related projects
• Supervisory experience of leading a team
• Experience in material & concrete testing within a laboratory environment