T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Quality Manager – (Job Ref: 21N/QMFY)
We require an experienced and motivated Quality Manager to work within the Quality Assurance Department based at Randox HQ in Co. Antrim.
The successful applicant will have overall responsibility for quality within Randox Testing Services (RTS), including gaining and maintaining ISO17025 across the various RTS sites. The Quality Manager will work with the RTS General Manager as well as the Senior Quality/Regulatory Affairs Manager regarding all toxicology accreditations.
• Day to day management of QA/Regulatory Compliance at all RTS sites in accordance with the RTS General Manager and Senior Quality/Regulatory Affairs Manager
• Report Quality issues and departmental progress with Quality Initiatives to the Senior Quality/Regulatory Affairs Manager on a weekly basis
• Deputise for the Senior Quality/Regulatory Affairs Manager in his/her absence
• Responsibility for RTS laboratory accreditation
• Establish and maintain ISO17025 accreditation for all RTS sites
• Establish RTS sites as LAB 39 status ‘self certification’ for ISO17025
• Maintenance and promotion of quality standards within RTS ensuring accurate, precise and timely laboratory reports
• Assure the quality of the analytical work by participation in external quality assurance schemes, including proficiency testing schemes, and by co-ordinating and reviewing internal quality control
• Manage internal audit schedule for RTS, including performing internal audits and reporting results
• Work with the Senior Quality/Regulatory Affairs Manager to establish Quality Initiatives based on the Quality Objectives with a view to improving quality
• Managing non-confirming work with responsibility for implementing corrective and preventative action
• Responsibility for document control, update of the quality management system and maintenance of all Quality records
• Implementation of a training programme for Internal Quality Auditors, assessing ongoing auditor competence
• Participation in Regulatory, Third Party and Customer inspections
Skills and Experience
• Educated to degree level in a Science related discipline (2:1 or above) or relevant experience in a similar role
• Experience of ISO17025
• Experience in staff management
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to communicate information in a concise manner
• Excellent leadership skills and a high level of self-motivation
• Ability to work methodically and reliably under pressure
• Flexible approach and willingness to work outside hours if required.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer