Quality Assurance Team Leader
Quality Assurance Team Leader
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB5961
Business Unit: Pharma Services
Open To: Internal & External Candidates
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Pharma Services Business unit, the post holder will lead a multidisciplinary team of Quality Assurance personnel to assure compliance with the principles of GMP and the Pharma Services Pharmaceutical Quality System, as well as supporting pharmaceutical packaging operations.
A Quality Assurance Team Leader must manage and schedule workload, ensuring client and business needs are met, and that adequate resources are available to support routine quality operations and business growth
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science, life science or technical discipline or closely related field.
- Significant experience working within an established Quality System within the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Experience in leading a team of quality professionals.
- Experience of all quality system aspects including: change management, deviations, auditing, risk analysis, batch record review and QP certification.
- Comprehensive, working knowledge and experience of supporting commercialisation of pharmaceutical products
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a pharmaceutical discipline
- Direct experience in the manufacture of solid oral dosage products
- Significant experience working within the Product Quality department.
- A qualified ‘lead auditor’
- Experience of regulatory audits (FDA, MHRA, EMEA etc.)
Family friendly flexible working
Learning and development opportunities and support
Enhanced pension contribution
Long service awards
34 days annual leave allowance
Free car parking
Moving house leave
Paid medical appointments
Occupational sick pay
Enhanced maternity pay
Critical illness policy
Perks discount scheme
Death in service benefit
Irishlife healthcare benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: Thursday 3rd December 2020 at 1700 hours