Project Supervisor (Building)
Lagan Specialist Contracting Group
T: 028 9045 5531
H&J Martin Ltd is now recruiting for a Project Supervisor (Building)
Due to the continued success and growth of our Asset Management division we currently have an opportunity for a Project Supervisor with a building / joinery trade bias to join the Project Team. This role holder will be responsible for the supervision of a multi discipline project portfolio to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of projects within H&J Martin values and guidelines, while adding value and development to the AMS Business.
What you'll do
- Working closely with the Project Manager to supervise a variety of projects simultaneously ranging in value from £1.5k to £200k, ensuring adequate resourcing and successful delivery to scope, cost and quality.
- Supervise building works, joinery and ground works internal labour on Minor Works projects
- Prepare Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans and ensure Health and Safety standards are met and comply with current legislation.
- Working with the Project Manager and liaising with Quantity Surveyors to review budgets and forecasts to ensure budgets are being met for each work package
- Prepare procurement schedules.
- Prepare project programmes, work package programmes and provide updates to key customers and stakeholders.
- Supervise supply chain promoting service excellence, best practice and continuous improvement initiatives and report effectively on poor performance.
- Monitoring and management of defects and snags with aim of ‘zero defects’ on all works.
- Advise the Project Manager on progress and any risks associated with delivery
- Ensure managements systems, Concept and Docuware are kept up to date
- Deal with contract change management.
- Attend Progress Meetings and liaise effectively with clients and their representatives.
- Preparation of weekly / monthly progress reports for site and client meetings. Preparation of weekly / monthly contract reports for department meetings.
- Provide 24-hour call-out cover on a rota basis
What you'll bring
Your main skills and experience will include:
- Significant experience in managing building works trades on projects.
- Proven track record of successfully planning and managing multiple projects within difficult time constraints.
- A proactive and flexible working approach with the ability to adapt to changing situations
- Ability to monitor project performance and intervene appropriately to ensure targets are achieved and exceeded
- A good understanding of elements necessary to deliver effective supply chain and internal labour management
- Have a strong technical knowledge of construction practices that can be used to analyse programmes, alleviate risks and identify potential cost saving measures
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate supply chain and internal resources to achieve high standards of compliance
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable interfacing with senior managers and external clients
- Possess a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and IT in general
- Strong working knowledge of HSEQ legislation for the construction industry
- A proven record for preparation of H & S Plans, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Hold a full valid driving licence
The closing date for completed applications is Friday 18th June 2021 @ 12 Noon
LAGAN SPECIALIST CONTRACTING GROUP ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER