Project Manager (Waste) – NIEA
Strategic Investment Board for Northern Ireland
T: +44 (0)28 9025 0900
The role of Project Manager will be embedded within the SIB CSU/Waste Team and they will report to Jonathan Gray, Project Director, who is the SIB Project Sponsor for this work. The role will work closely with a range of NIEA staff on a day to day basis, as well as a broad range of other key stakeholders.
- Develop strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders as relevant to the thematic area (Waste regulation and charging) in order to meet customer needs and achieve objectives.
- Project management practitioner supporting client projects.
- Ability to facilitate and lead meetings of senior staff across both central and local government.
- Work collaboratively as part of the Council Support Unit and more widely with SIB and NICS colleagues to successfully deliver projects.
- Work within established governance arrangements when supporting programmes and projects. Where governance arrangements are not already in place, work with clients to establish these in line with best practice.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure effective systems are in place and implemented to review and update programme and project specific risk registers and ensure project deliverables are on time and within agreed budget.
- Represent SIB, as required, at relevant project meetings.
- Manage budgets effectively during the lifetime of projects in line with project plans and ensure that budget variances are reported in line with governance arrangements.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all paperwork associated with supporting projects, including business cases, OPAs, project plans, project reports and PPEs.
- Carry out all duties to the highest of professional standards, protecting the reputation and ensuring the integrity of SIB at all times.