Lagan Specialist Contracting Group
T: 028 9045 5531
H&J Martin Ltd (part of the Lagan Specialist Contracting Group) is now recruiting for a Project Manager
Department: Asset Management Services
Job Type: Full-time – Permanent
Location: Northern Ireland Various
Due to the continued success and growth of our Asset Management division we currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join the Project Team. This role holder will be responsible for the supervision of a multi discipline project portfolio to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of projects within H&J Martin values and guidelines, while adding value and development to the AMS Business.
What you'll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Working closely with the Department Manager to manage a variety of projects simultaneously ranging in value from £1.5k to £1m, ensuring adequate resourcing and successful delivery to scope, cost and quality.
- Liaise with and meet supply chain regularly to develop relationship and promote best practise and HJM way of working.
- Prepare Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans and Environmental Plans ensuring Health and Safety standards are met and comply with current legislation.
- Liaise with Quantity surveyors to review and challenge project budgets and forecasts to ensure budgets are being met for each work package
- Produce, analyse and approve project programmes, work package programmes and provide updates to key customers and stakeholders.
- Manage supply chain and internal supervisors promoting service excellence, best practice and continuous improvement initiatives and deal effectively with poor performance.
- Monitoring and management of defects and snags with aim of ‘zero defects’ on all works.
- Advise the Department Manager on project schedule activities, risks, present action plans and project delivery status reports.
- Contract administration under NEC4 Term Service Contract.
- Manage a Project Team implementing effective planning, problem-solving and work delegation.
- Ensure CAFM and document management systems are kept up to date.
- Build a self-delivery minor works team capable of delivering profitable high-quality projects.
What you'll bring
As a Project Manager your main skills and experience will include:
- Proven experience in a construction management environment.
- Experience of effectively managing supply chain and internal labour.
- Have a strong technical knowledge of construction practices that can be used to analyse programmes, alleviate risks and identify potential cost saving measures
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable interfacing with senior managers and external clients
- Strong working knowledge of HSEQ legislation for the construction industry
- Hold a full valid driving licence
For full details please see attached the job description for this position
The closing date for completed applications is Friday 6th August 2021 @ 12 Noon
LAGAN SPECIALIST CONTRACTING GROUP ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER