Principal Environmental Health Officer
Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough Council
T: 028 9446 3113
ANTRIM AND NEWTOWNABBEY BOROUGH COUNCIL
PRINCIPAL ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER
37 HOUR POST
PO4 (SCP 35-38, £38,890 – £41,881)
In the context of the Council’s Corporate Plan and Departmental Objectives provide dynamic, effective and innovative leadership by:
- Supporting the Environmental Health Manager ensuring the achievement of the sections Business Plan.
- Ensuring that policies, procedures and documentation are initiated developed and maintained in relation to Environmental Health.
- Ensuring all duties and tasks assigned are performed in accordance with specified time, cost and quality targets.
- Assisting the Environmental Health Manager with the identification and analysis of Environmental Health trends, opportunities and the demonstration of continuous improvement in service delivery
General applicant information:
Please note that the panel will use ONLY the information provided on the application form for shortlisting. Therefore, you MUST demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria as set out in the specification for the post.
The recruitment process will assess the suitability of the candidates against the requirements for the post including the 7 competencies identified in the Competence Framework for Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council. The process will include the following:
• Assessment and Interview – Those who have been shortlisted will be invited to attend the next stage of the recruitment process. Provisional date for interviews is week commencing 28 June 2021
Please be advised, Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council operates a paper free recruitment and selection process. All communication relating to your application will be sent to the email address that you have provided during login.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 12:00noon on Friday 18 June 2021
JACQUI DIXON Chief Executive
Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council is committed to appointing on merit, seeking candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds and taking full account of equal opportunities.