Denroy Plastics Limited
Main purpose of Job: Colour mixing plastic granules
Position in Organisation: Powdering Operative
Reports to: Moulding shop setter/supervisor in charge
Working hours: 2 week rolling Shift pattern. 8am – 8pm
Key Task Areas
To ensure each moulding machine is supplied with plastic granules.
Detailed duties and Responsibilities
- Stock control using our Infor system
- To advise when colourants/masterbatches need re-ordering.
- Preparing polymers in a timely manner, in line with the production schedule. Including drying of material.
- Knowledge of polymers
- Ensure that proper grade material is used.
- Working at height
- Use the central feed system
- Ensure that each moulding machine doesn’t run out of granules
- Ensure that the proper colour is mixed for each machine. In line with working instructions provided.
- Ensure any spillage at machines is promptly and properly cleared up.
- To keep feed system clear of granules.
- To keep regrind to a minimum
- To keep their work area clean and tidy.
- Ensure all equipment used is in good mechanical order.
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are maintained
- Essential Criteria
- High level of attention to detail
- Organised, task orientated and able to work under little supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good numeracy skills. Role requires working out accurate percentages
- Willing to work flexible hours as needed by schedule (infrequently)
- Able to lift 25 kg bags
- Good communicator
- Good numeracy/literary skills
To perform any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder.