Optical Systems Engineer
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
We require a highly motivated and creative individual to fulfil an Optical Systems Engineer role within our Research and Development Department at our state of the art facility in Dungloe, Co. Donegal.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to embrace cutting edge research and experience novel technologies.
- Randox Engineering team are involved in the design of the next generation IVD systems, and delivering for our customers, a system that satisfies all of their requirements.
- This role will play a key part in Optical Development of our product, in close collaboration with the project manager.
- Assume technical responsibility for development and optimization of complex Optical modules as well as the processes required for production, including test equipment.
- Provide technical support to interdisciplinary development teams in the fields of optics, mechanics, electronics and software.
- Ensure smooth integration of the different module components and their verification.
– 3+ years of experience as a systems engineer in the development of Optical products
– Completed studies in a Mechanical or an Optics field, preferably with master’s or doctorate degree
– Experience with Zemac optical design software, or other industry equivalents
– Aptitude for working with people, and very high levels of communication
– Self-motivation and commitment is essential, with a strong sense of responsibility and reliability
– High degree of quality consciousness
– Fluent in spoken and written English
– Experience in the development of medical or IVD products to ISO13485 standard or in the field of biochemistry for clinical diagnostics would be an advantage
Who we are:
Randox Laboratories is a privately owned diagnostic reagent and equipment manufacturing company. For nearly 30 years we have developed innovative diagnostic products and services that deliver significant benefits to patients and healthcare professionals worldwide. Our products are employed in over 30,000 laboratories in 130 countries and support clinical decision-making in a wide variety of fields including cardiology, neurology, oncology, biochemistry, virology, endocrinology and immunology. We place high value on Research and Development in order to continuously improve existing methodology and develop pioneering new products.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer