Lagan Specialist Contracting Group
T: 028 9045 5531
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to join Charles Brand to be based with Fibre projects in NI. This role holder will be responsible for the overall management of the projects to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the Projects and lead the team within Charles Brand values and guidelines, while adding value and development to the Business.
What you'll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Responsible for the installation of Fibre Networks
- Lead construction of the project to ensure the project is adequately resourced and successfully delivered to scope, cost and quality.
- Ensure that project imperatives and stakeholder interfaces are clearly communicated and understood throughout the project and to others, as appropriate
- Put in place and operate processes to ensure engineering staff have the right resources to undertake their work
- Provide direction, motivation and leadership to both internal staff on site and external consultants or supply chain partners engaged in providing support activities to the project.
- Advise on technical problems
- Ensured the delivered solutions meet and exceed the expectations of the client
- Responsible for all safety, health, environment and quality matters including driving excellence and championing continuous improvement
- Ensure project complies with Charles Brand’s procedures including delegated levels of authority
- Lead, review and challenge project budgets and forecast to ensure a consistent, challenging but deliverable approach is adopted
- Advise the Head of Telecoms and the Managing Director on project schedule activities and initiatives and present action plans and project delivery status updates to key customers and stakeholders
- Lead Delivery of the project, demonstrating a thorough understanding of associated processes and technology
- Implement the Lagan Business Management System, monitoring and control mechanisms, policies and procedures to ensure compliance and adherence to statutory and legal requirements and manage the projects risks and opportunities in line with company procedures
- Actively seek out, drive and promote service excellence, best practice and continuous improvement initiatives
- Coach and motivate the project team and lead by example
- Implement Performance management regime to maximise team performance
- Ensure all services and installations are designed, built and certified to the required standards and that all functions are carried out in appropriate manner
- Review and approve project management plans, health and safety plans, environmental work package plans
- Promote a collaborative environment within the project team, considering Charles Brand Staff, Client and Suppliers.
- Promotes the identity and image of the company at all times
- Lead the project team in embracing Lagan Values
- Lead and Develop client relationships
- Ensures project demonstrates a respect for diverse and cultural differences that exist in the industry
- Understand strengths and weaknesses of team members and work with them to good effect
- Manage the Project and team to implement effective planning, problem-solving and decision making
- Demonstrate clear and visible leadership, with capacity to absorb responsibility and accountability whilst providing sensitive direction to others
- Remain effective when the situation is unclear, complicated or pressurised