Belfast Central Mission
T: +44 (0)28 9024 1917
- Multiple casual opportunities available
- Work in a supportive team environment, doing what you love with on-going learning opportunities
- Enjoy access to a range of company benefits including pension, healthcare plans and more
About the role
Our Nursery Assistants are responsible for ensuring all children and families attending the service are provided with a safe, stimulating, supportive and inclusive environment. The position will include supervision and assistance to the Room Supervisors and other qualified leaders within the service to ensure practices and processes are consistent with regulatory compliance.
Puddleducks boasts a highly dedicated team of early childhood professionals who place great focus on getting to know the unique needs of the children in our care in partnership with parents and guardians.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Ensure the health and safety of the children and any visitors to Puddleducks including other staff members
- Create a positive and supportive environment for the children
- Ensure high-quality resources and activities are available for children
- Choose and plan resources and activities and resources that promote the children’s development and boost self-esteem and well-being
- Carry out regular observations and assessment of the children’s development and keep up-to-date records
- Provide on-going feedback to parents regarding their child’s progress
- Minimum level 2 CCLD or equivalent or willing to obtain this
Skills & experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in early years or day nursery environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, patience, and empathy
- Ability to form appropriate supportive relationships with children and their parents/guardians
- Good IT skills
As an employee of Belfast Central Mission, you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture alongside a range of staff benefits including:
- Health and Pension Plans
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Paid Uniforms and Mileage
- 21 days holiday leave plus public holidays
- Potential opportunity to be supported to complete the L2 Playwork or CCLD
Puddleducks is part of Belfast Central Mission, providing award-winning care and learning for up to 70 children across four playrooms. At Puddleducks, we recognise the importance of emotional wellbeing in early years and our aim is to maximise children’s individual potential and build essential life skills from an early age in a stimulating and caring environment.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at BCM, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, a GP Medical Reference, and an enhanced AccessNI check.