T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
We require X2 highly motivated and enthusiastic NGS Scientists. This key position will involve review of NGS data, variant interpretation and preparation of clinical interpretive reports.
• To ensure strict adherence to all laboratory procedures.
• To develop and test the Next Generation Sequencing assays and other molecular diagnostics tests.
• To process NGS assays and other molecular assays using standard protocols, completing all assays QC and assisting with data analysis and clinical report preparation.
• To test NGS gene panels for inherited cancers and for inherited cardiac disorders.
• To develop NGS clinical exome tests and COVID sequencing assays.
• Sanger sequencing for internal research groups and Randox Biochip array assays.
Skills and Experience:
• Qualified to Honours degree level in a relevant science subject.
• Experience in molecular biology, DNA sequencing.
• Experience in running NGS assays.
• Have at least one year experience working in a laboratory.
• Higher degree (MSc/PhD) involving molecular biology/genetics.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
The position will be based at the Randox Clinical Laboratory Services Laboratory at Randox Science Park, ANTRIM.
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
The Molecular Biology group at Randox develop innovative multiplex diagnostic tests that provide greater clinical information from a single patient sample, allowing enhanced decision making. We are increasing our test portfolio, which already includes oncology, cardiac and infectious disease panels, so require additional research scientists to meet demand.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer