Melt Shop Operators
T: +44 (0) 28 9335 1043
Job Role: The operation of melting and holding furnaces and transfer of molten alloy
- Receive incoming melt shop materials.
- Use analysis equipment as directed.
- Melting and blending of alloy as directed.
- Cleaning and inspection of furnaces by fluxing furnace bath and scraping walls and floor.
- Tap, refine and transfer molten alloys to die cast department.
- Perform required preventative maintenance and inspection of such equipment.
- Complete inventory of melt shop supplies.
- Keep conveyor cleaned in melting department.
- Practice good housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Carry out daily machine checks.
- Assist in training machine operators.
- Dunk test parts.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Participate with information sharing, team working and continuous improvement programmes.
- To comply with the Company Environmental Policy and the Environmental Management System both in normal and emergency situations.
- Other duties as required.
The Ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
They must have a Fork lift licence and be able demonstrate that they:
- Work effectively in a team
- Work well under pressure
- Adhere to quality standards and health and safety standards
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, shifts and overtime
- Competitive salary
- Generous employer pension contributions
- A health cash plan
- Discount scheme
- Life assurance
- Service-related holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Free car parking
- Learning and Development opportunities and support
- Ride to work scheme
- Service awards