Logistics Services Supervisor
Logistics Services Supervisor
Hours: 40 hours per week
Business Unit: Clinical Services
Open To: Internal and External Applicants
Ref No.: HRJOB6624
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry.
Working as part of the Logistics Services team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will assist in delivering the provision of Logistics Services offerings by utilising trained staff, executing controlled procedures and using third party shipping solutions & providers as agreed with the Logistics Services Manager.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining key relationships with internal and external customers and accountability for achieving agreed KPI’s.
- Providing Logistics technical expertise to internal and external customers.
- Management of the department’s administration tasks including drug returns, arranging shipment transfers, and supporting the Finance team with respect to approving 3rd party invoices.
- Continuous improvement of processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness throughout the entire process.
- Advising the most appropriate shipping strategy and ensuring the quoting process reflects the preferred courier of choice.
- Maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures, ensuring all work is covered by a global or site specific procedure.
- Liaising with Operational staff and the freight transport providers on the implementation of robust processes to reduce/eradicate customer and business Impacting operational issues.
- Have eligibility to work in the UK OR possess a valid work permit that will allow you to take up full time, permanent employment in the UK
- Third level qualification – OR – Previous extensive experience in a clinical customer facing Logistics/distribution role
- Previous experience within a Clinical customer facing role
- Extensive knowledge in International Logistics, including import/export regulations, temperature control shipping, customs brokerage and courier management
- Previous responsibility for prioritisation and allocation of work in accordance with customer requirement
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Third level qualification in a Science, Logistics/Transport or Business Management related discipline
- Qualification or previous training within a logistics/transport related discipline
- Knowledge of GMP or GDP
- Knowledge of Quality Systems
- Previous experience within a computerised order processing environment
- Supervisory experience
• 34 days annual leave allowance
• Annual Bonus
• Competitive salary
• Critical illness policy
• Death in service benefit
• Enhanced maternity pay
• Enhanced pension contribution
• Family friendly flexible working
• Free car parking
• Health promotions
• Learning and development opportunities and support
• Long service awards
• Marriage leave
• Moving house leave
• Occupational sick pay
• On site physiotherapist
• Paid medical appointments
• Perks discount scheme
• Subsidised restaurant
• Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
To Apply: Apply online via the ‘Careers’ section on the Almac website – www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: 25 June 2021 at 17:00