Fane Valley Stores is a leading supplier of animal health and agricultural products to farmers and the rural community. With an expanding network of agri-retail stores and a strong on-line platform, our aim is to exceed the expectations of our customers. As part of our ambitious growth strategy, the company now wishes to appoint an experienced Logistics Manager to support the development of the business.
- Based in Moira and reporting to the Managing Director the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating the Fane Valley Stores transport fleet;
- Responsible for scheduling and routing deliveries across the Fane Valley Stores network and on farm customer deliveries;
- Support the management team with the development and implementation of strategic logistics plans across the business including the procurement and development of the transport fleet.
- Ideally have 5 years previous relevant experience of working in a logistics/transport role with the responsibility for managing and maintaining a fleet of HGV vehicle’s;
- Previous experience of co-ordinating, scheduling and routing deliveries;
- A strong geographical knowledge of Northern Ireland and the border counties;
- A knowledge and understanding of transport regulations;
- Strong leadership and motivational skills, with previous experience of managing people;
- Have strong IT skills with experience in Microsoft applications;
- Show attention to detail and be a natural problem solver who can offer innovative solutions to meet customer needs and the needs of the business;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Commercially astute, analytical with a high degree of numeracy skills;
- Hold a Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage;
- Ideally hold a HGV driving licence (C+E);
- Ideally have previous experience of on farm and rural deliveries.
In return, the company offers an attractive salary with bonus, a benefits package, and excellent career progression opportunities.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or apply directly through our Get Got portal at https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on Monday 25th January 2021.
Fane Valley Stores is an equal opportunities employer