Laboratory Technician – WEEKENDS
Laboratory Technician – WEEKENDS (Part Time)
Hours: 17 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB6810
Business Unit: Diagnostic Services
Almac Diagnostic Services is a leading stratified medicine business, specialising in biomarker-driven clinical trials. We are incredibly proud to be involved in multiple oncology and immunology trials, which contribute to treatments for breast and ovarian cancer, lung cancer, and more. We focus on the discovery, development, and commercialisation of companion diagnostic tests, and on biomarker clinical trial management and clinical test delivery from our CLIA-accredited laboratories.
Due to continued growth within our Operations Team, we are pleased to offer opportunities to join our new weekend shift within our Craigavon Laboratories. We have vacancies for Laboratory Technicians – in this role you will be responsible for performing a range of tasks including housekeeping, maintenance of scientific equipment, maintaining and accepting consumable/reagent stock and preparation and pre-processing of biological samples.
This is an excellent opportunity for students to gain valuable experience within a leading pharmaceutical company, and would be beneficial for those seeking to pursue a career within the Life Sciences field.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- GCSE Grades A-C in Maths, Science, and English (or equivalent level qualification)
- Previous experience in a Laboratory, gained within a work or study environment
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- A Level Grades A-E (or equivalent level qualifications) in Science subjects
- Previous experience within a Quality Control/Quality Assurance environment
Working Hours – Saturday and Sunday 09.00 – 17.30 (flexitime).
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Annual bonus
- Employee recognition programme
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Westfield healthcare benefit
- Paid medical appointments
- Bereavement Leave
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: 21st September 2021 at 1700 hours