Internal Controls Analyst
T: (028) 9182 9215
This is a full time, permanent, business support role, which involves developing and implementing a new internal control monitoring framework within Hughes Insurance Services Limited. This includes documenting the systems and controls established across the entire business in a centralised system, ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of those systems and controls, identifying deficiencies, recommending improvements and internal reporting.
- Higher level education qualification (HND, Degree or relevant professional qualification)
- Previous experience (at least two years) in a risk or internal audit role, or a role involved in the design and testing of internal controls
- Professional, proactive and highly motivated
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills
- Analytical and good attention to detail
- Ability to generate ideas and recommend solutions
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Ability to communicate well with staff at all levels including senior management
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Creative and flexible, with ability to understand business constraints and requirements
- Professional Qualification in an Internal Audit or External Audit discipline
- Five years’ experience within an internal audit role or a role involved in the design and testing of internal controls in a commercial environment
- Experience of working within a regulated industry, in particular the general insurance industry or financial services industry
- Experience of working within a risk or compliance environment within a commercial business
If you feel you meet the essential criteria please forward a copy of your CV to HR@hughesinsurance.co.uk Candidates must be able to work remotely, and if necessary all equipment costs will be covered.
Hughes Insurance employs people from all sections of the community and is committed to the appointment of the best candidates based solely on the merit principle. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of community background, political opinion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disability.