T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Health & Safety and Environmental Officer (Job Ref: 21N/HSEO)
Randox Laboratories is currently looking to hire an organised and detail orientated individual in the position of Health & Safety and Environmental Coordinator. Based in the Randox Science Park in Antrim Town, Co. Antrim, the successful applicant will play a key role in implementing and promoting H&S procedure and policies in line with legislation and company objectives. The candidate must be available to regularly travel within UK.
• Review and update policies and procedures to ensure legislative requirements are identified and fulfilled
• Advise staff of compliance obligations and update on current H&S/ EMS matters, as required.
• Deliver training to staff
• Conduct Risk Assessment audits
• Advise and instruct on various Environmental/ H&S related topics including the transmission of infectious diseases to staff, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (CoSHH), storage of chemicals, hazardous waste disposal, Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulations.
• Record accidents, injuries and near misses and investigate as required to ensure appropriate corrective measures are identified and implemented to prevent future accidents
• Ensure all applicable workplace injuries, near-misses and cases of work-related disease are reported to NI Health and Safety Executive as required by the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR).
• Advise on First Aid Cover and equipment, Personal Protective Equipment and Fire Fighting Equipment.
• Monitor compliance with Environmental and H&S Policies and notify the HSE Manager of non-compliance and areas of concern.
• Liaise with the NI Health and Safety Executive, Fire Authority, Insurers and other stakeholders on Health & Safety matters and assist in any resulting remedial actions following audits.
• Educated to Degree Level – at least 2:1, in a Science Discipline, or at least 3 years’ experience in a Health and Safety role.
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Computer Skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Experience in Fire Safety.
• Experience of CoSHH and REACH Regulations.
• Experience in conducting Risk Assessments.
• Experience in giving Oral Presentations.
• Experience in writing Material Safety Data Sheets to meet the current regulations.
• Managerial Experience
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer