T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Graduate Buyer – (Job Ref: 21N/BUYG)
An excellent opportunity has arisen to be part of a growing Supply Chain Department. We require highly motivated and enthusiastic Graduate/Trainee Buyers. The Purchasing Team are at the centre of everything Randox does, every item that comes in to the business should it be for use by our staff or to be used in the manufacture of our growing range of products, it is all co-ordinated by our Purchasing Team. If you’d like to be involved in this busy, fast-paced team then keep reading.
Buyers are responsible for purchasing products and services from suppliers, which offer value for money, quality service and sustainability.
The role requires support of the departmental strategic objectives and progression of our preferred suppliers.
This role involves negotiating; the ordering of materials, including scientific products and components for our R&D and manufacturing divisions, ensuring the inventory status is maintained to provide continued production, while abiding by principles of lean management. This role will also require communicating regularly with suppliers to ensure on time delivery of goods and expected quality within specification. Preparing and issuing quotation requests, carrying out quotation analysis and evaluation; negotiating with suppliers whilst monitoring cost and exploring and implementing cost reduction opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to manage and build relationships with suppliers across a diverse spend portfolio.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Qualified to degree level (at least 2:1) in a Science, Engineering or Business related discipline.
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
• The ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines.
• A willingness to travel.
• Full clean driving license.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Be driven and self-motivated.
• Experience of sourcing suppliers.
• Experience of conducting Negotiations.
• Chartered Institute of Purchasing qualification.
• A working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.
• An awareness of Total Quality Management requirements.
Full training will be provided.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer