Global Head of PMO (Project Management Organisation)
Global Head of PMO
Hours: 35 hours per week
Business Unit: Clinical Services
Salary: Competitive including an attractive management benefits package
Open To: Internal and external employees
Ref No: HRJOB6647
Almac Clinical Services designs and delivers bespoke packaging and logistical solutions for pharmaceutical companies conducting small or large clinical trials and are recognised as one of the leading, multi-faceted, global solution providers within this niche and complex market. We provide the physical resources and supportive technologies to ensure that a supply of clinical material is delivered across the globe to meet the needs of those patients within the trial.
Due to continued success and growth, Almac Clinical Services are delighted to offer an opportunity for a highly experienced Global Head of PMO to join our senior management team.
This key appointment work closely with Executive and Senior Manager leadership to develop strategic approaches and implementation plans for proposed initiatives and large, complex approved projects. The role holder will have overall responsibility for programme management delivery, maintaining a comprehensive PMO process and providing the structure, guidance and tools to develop, evaluate and manage projects throughout the entire life cycle, whilst ensuring a value-centric focus and best use of resources always.
As the Global Head of PMO, you will provide strategic and operational direction and leadership to the global PMO team, ensuring project objectives and company goals are met, whilst keeping Executive Management and key stakeholders informed along the way.
This is an exciting role which will strive to advance the development and impact of the PMO across Clinical Services globally, as a key member of the senior management team you will play an vital role in driving the business to achieve its’ corporate goals.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) qualification – OR – significant experience managing a PMO at a Senior Management level
- 5+ years’ experience running a PMO
- 5+ years’ experience in a people management role with particular emphasis on:
- Project Management
- Management of multiple global projects
- Strong experience in enterprise resource management
- Expert level knowledge of project/portfolio management and change management
- Strong experience in:
- Use of resource management tools
- Budget/cost management
- Strategic thinking
- Negotiating/problem resolution
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Postgraduate level (or equivalent) qualification
- Membership for a professional body for Project Management
- Prince2 Project management Methodology and/or PMP certification
- 5+ years’ experience building or transforming a PMO
- Vendor Management
- Experience in the following areas:
- Process Improvement
For the successful candidate, we offer an attractive management benefits package which will include a competitive salary, annual bonus, employer pension contributions, 34 days paid annual leave, healthcare benefits and much more.
To Apply: Please submit your CV on the online portal, ensuring you fully detail how you meet the requirements for the role.
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd June 2021 at 1700 hours