General Operator – Packing
Summary of Role:
To operate all machines in the packing department – box formers, filling head, check weights, palletisers, high pressure pumps and extruders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure all machines are operating efficiently and in line with SOP’s ;
- Monitor the work area in line with health and safety legislation and the Planed Preventative Maintenance Schedule (PPM);
- Report any issues to supervisor or maintenance department so they can be dealt with swiftly and effectively to minimise downtime;
- Monitor and record packs per minute on the machines to ensure weight is consistent;
- Check all products for quality issues;
- Ensure product change overs are performed in accordance with SOP and with minimal downtime;
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required;
- Operate the PLC Control Screens and SCADA Systems.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures within the remit of this role;
- Carry out any other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned by management;
- Be flexible in approach to working hours.
- Have at least 2 years work experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Previously worked with PLC control screens and SCADA systems;
- Experience of record keeping with attention to detail;
- An awareness of health and safety legislation;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Good standard of written and spoken English;
- Have a customer-focused attitude.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Previous work experience in the food industry;
- Counterbalance forklift licence;
- Have a pallet stacker and electric pallet truck licence.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (shifts 6am – 2.30pm / 2.30pm – 1am on a rotating pattern) May be required to work weekends