General Operative (COVID)
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
General Operatives (Full-time, Temp)– No experience necessary. (Job Code 21N/CSOP)
Randox currently require highly motivated and dedicated individuals to work on a full-time, temporary basis within our busy Accessioning Team. All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided (including face masks/ visors, gowns and gloves).
We are hiring people on a full-time basis who must be available to work 40 hours per week. Full-time means you will work 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on, 4 days off. Most of the night shift hours are paid at a higher rate. There may also be another 5 on, 2 off shift available.
Randox have a free shuttle bus between Belfast and the Randox Science Park for those who need it.
As a member of the Accessioning department you will be part of a multifunctional team who hold responsibility for the unpacking and administrative processing of COVID -19 samples when they are returned to our laboratories for testing. Your duties will include:
• The unpacking of samples upon arrival using a range of unpacking tools
• Completing of a range of visual Quality Control checks
• Scanning the samples onto our bespoke laboratory software to confirm receipt.
As part of this role you will be required to wear extensive personal protective equipment including protective suit, face mask, gloves and shoe covers.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
• GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English Language (Grades A-C)
• Good numeric and organisational skills
• Good interpersonal and team working skills
• Good time keeping skills
• Computer literacy advantageous
• Previous experience in a manufacturing / production environment, whilst not essential, may prove advantageous.
• Experience of shift work, whilst not essential, may also prove advantageous.
Full training will be provided. Opportunities for progression exist for those who show potential.
Randox Laboratories are passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer