Woodside Logistics Group
T: 028 93352255
Job Title Driver Trainer
Department Woodside Distribution Ltd
Responsible to: Managing Director / Operational Director / Distribution Manager
To train, educate and update Distribution Drivers on the methods, procedures and legislation appropriate to the efficient completion of their duties.
- Assess potential drivers as part of the recruitment and selection process.
- Induction and training of newly recruited drivers in the procedures and processes relevant to the role and to general company principles including health and safety policies.
- Training of new and existing drivers in specific areas relating to loading / offloading of pallets, roll cages and other delivery formats and / or specific delivery/collection point which are procedure specific, for example.
- Training of new and existing drivers on rigids, tractor units and trailers.
- Assessing and evaluating driver’s performance, utilising the telemetric systems. This will incorporate regular telemetric reviews, and being able to action upon this information.
- Formally assess company HGV drivers on a minimum basis of once a year or when required.
- Review, update and retrain existing drivers on procedures and processes relevant to general company principles and procedures including health and safety policies.
- Ensure all drivers are familiar with the latest customer requirements.
- Ensure drivers are clean, tidy and presentable in appearance and are fully equipped with the relevant company uniform and equipment.
- Ensure drivers keep vehicles to an appropriate level of cleanliness. Both inside and out.
- Undertake random staff drug and alcohol testing, using the in house testing equipment.
- Report any health and safety issues, including near misses to the general manager.
- Participate in health and safety forum meetings, risk management meetings, driver meetings and participate in CPC course development and instruction.
- Participate with defect reporting management / training
- Complete investigatory meetings as and when required.
- Assist with cause of damage investigations.
- Assist with collections and deliveries when required.
- Hold a clean Class 1(C & E) licence
- Working knowledge of current transport legislation
- At least 1 years LGV Driver training experience including economic driving techniques and health and safety
- Previous experience working in road transport operation (incl. loading and unloading)
- Advanced Driver Qualification
- Driving Instructor/ Assessor qualification