Lagan Specialist Contracting Group
T: 028 9045 5531
Rosemount Homes is a diverse family owned private house builder which benefits from the management team of one of Northern Ireland’s leading construction companies, with a wealth of experience in the local house building industry. We have completed a number of successful, high quality developments in Northern Ireland and our aim is to grow to be the most respected in the industry.
We pride ourselves on our company values – Safety, Trust, Respect, Caring, Fun, Being Open, and Honest.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Development Director with a strong background in residential house building and land acquisition.
We are looking for a pro-active individual, with house building and development experience, who is keen to progress with a company that believes in career development and promoting internally.
Reporting directly to Group Chief Executive, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for managing all aspects of Rosemount Homes residential development projects.
- The Development Director will provide strategic leadership and direction for all development activities & projects.
- Managing the creation of business cases, preparation of feasibility studies, design, planning and construction.
- Site identification and appraisal
- Negotiate site acquisition and funding
- Liaison with statutory undertakings
- Appointment and management of Contractors and Consultants
- Manage sales agents, preparation of Sales material, marketing strategy and sales process
- Liaison with funders and preparation of financial reporting for funders
- Preparation of Budgets, cash flows and financial analysis for reporting to Board of Directors
- Liaise with development partners, architects, agents, Local Authorities, Registered Providers and other statutory bodies in order to secure new opportunities and see that they are delivered to programme, cost and quality targets.
What you’ll bring
- Candidates should have at least five years’ experience in private residential development and must be able to demonstrate experience of all stages of the development process including the management of planning, procurement, and delivery.
- Experience will include residential schemes varying from 20 units to 250 units in size and candidates should be self-motivated, confident, and able to demonstrate the ability and proven track record in land requisition and development.
- Experience of financial modelling, risk analysis and programme management is a must together with highly developed presentation and communication skills.
- Candidates should be exceptional communicators who have the ability to win people over and influence decisions.
- Experience with achieving in a difficult market would be advantageous as is managing a multi-disciplined team.
- Comprehensive understanding of developments in the private housing market in Northern Ireland
- Significant experience of house building, land acquisition, planning negotiations, sales and marketing, and liaison with other key stakeholders
- Proven ability in dealing with principal contractors and delivery of projects on time and on budget
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying or equivalent
- Chartered member of RICS, MCIOB or equivalent
To apply for this post please submit your CV.
The closing date for completed applications is 03 March 2021 @ 12 Noon
LAGAN SPECIALIST CONTRACTING GROUP ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER