Day Activities Support Worker
T: (028) 9066 6188
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Day Activities Worker Ref: 21-138-SWDA-K-WEB
The Cedar foundation deliver’s a range of services centred around the individual needs of each person and enabling people with disabilities to get the most out of life and to be fully included in their communities.
Karuna provides residential care for up to ten individuals, who have learning disabilities and associated conditions.
The Day-Activities Support Worker is to provide motivation and support with social and community activities, communication, learning and personal needs of each individual resident in Karuna.
To assist in developing of Karuna’s day activities provision ensuring that it is both creative and innovative.
To fully implement residents individual activities programme, providing structure and fulfilment.
Hours: 34 hours per week
Location: Karuna, Carrickfergus
Hourly Rate: £9.29ph
- GCSE Maths and English A*-C or equivalent
- Experience of developing and delivering a programme of productive activities.
- Knowledge of Learning Disability and associated needs
- Annual Leave starting on 28 days (pro rata) in each leave year (inclusive of public and statutory holidays). This increases with length of service, up to 33 days per year.
- Paid breaks
- Free Parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Recognition & Reward scheme available to all staff in the course of their work
- Paid annual NISCC registration fees
- Investor in People accredited organisation with commitment to development of employees through paid training and learning opportunities, including RQF Level 3.
- Enhanced rate of pay for working on bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme, 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution
- Occupational Sick Pay (2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks half pay after 6 months service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
Closing Date: 22nd September 2021
Interview Date: 1st October 2021
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER