Fane Valley Stores is a leading supplier of animal health and agricultural products to farmers and the rural community. With an expanding network of agri-retail stores and a strong on-line platform, our aim is to exceed the expectations of our customers. We now invite applicants for the following permanent position based at our Fane Valley, Head Office in Moira.
Reporting to the Credit Control Manager the Credit Controller will be an integral part of the finance department, being responsible for the management and collection of Accounts Receivable. The role will require working closely with the sales staff to ensure that debt management policies are being strictly adhered to.
- Opening new accounts and checking credit ratings;
- Set and monitor credit limits;
- Ensure debts are paid in a timely and effective manner;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers. This will require regular telephone calls with slow paying customers;
- Negotiating payment agreements with customers;
- Handling disputed amounts;
- Respond promptly and efficiently to both customer and internal enquiries;
- Maintenance of customer files;
- Providing accounts information to senior management;
- Following the divisions debt collection policy;
- Liaising with other Fane Valley divisions to ensure that common goals are achieved.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Credit Control dealing with a high volume of customers;
- Have the ability to work in a fast-moving environment;
- Have strong IT skills with experience in Microsoft Office applications;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a busy team;
- Formal credit control training or qualifications would be an advantage;
- A knowledge of the farming sector would be an advantage.
In return, the company offers an attractive salary and benefits package which includes:
Healthcare Plan for employees and their children under 18, Company Pension & Life Assurance, Health & Well-Being strategy which incorporates a range of on-going initiatives and programmes.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or apply directly through our Get Got portal at https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00pm Monday 2nd August 2021.
Fane Valley Stores is an equal opportunities employer