T: 028 9032 0070
A Cook with previous experience is required for one of our prestigious contracts in Glenowen Court Care Home, Andersonstown, West Belfast. If you are a people person who has the drive and desire to deliver, then we want to hear from you.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career in Mount Charles Group. This is a care home setting, providing meals to residents with a range of textured diets. You will work with the Manager to ensure the requirements and expectations of staff and residents are met and maintain high standards throughout.
What you'll do in this role:
As the Cook, you will carry out all general cooking requirements, complete all food safety documentation, assist the manager as required and maintain the standards of the catering offering. You will be creative, flexible, hard-working and have passion for the role that you do. You will be hard working, have a great passion for quality food, take great care in your work and have a strong work ethic.
What will make you perfect for the job?
The key is a passion for delivery high standards. Applicants should be enthusiastic about what they do, have a good eye for detail and be able to work under pressure. The successful candidate will be a strong, confident cook who has previous experience of working in busy kitchen environments, building excellent relationships and meeting needs effectively.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Assisting the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchens to ensure a consistent reputation for food quality is always maintained.
· Ensuring the planning, preparation, cooking and presentation of food is always to the highest standard.
· Ensure quality standards and procedures are fully understood and implemented, and daily checking procedures are fully applied.
· Ensure company policies relating to stock control and stock ordering are implemented and monitored.
· Maintain a safe environment is maintained in compliance with health, safety, fire, hygiene and security legislation and company policies and procedures.
· Updating HACCP records.
· Ensure the security of kitchen and storage areas is maintained at all times.
· Promote and contribute to a harmonious working environment where all employees are treated with respect
· Any other reasonable requests made by Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Level 2 food hygiene.
· Experience working in a similar role
· Experience working to HACCP policies and documentation
· Flexible and adaptable approach
· Good communication skills – written and verbal
· The ability to demonstrate great team work skills
- Chefs uniforms
- Staff meals whilst on shift
Rate of pay: Negotiable depending on experience
Hours of Work: 3 days out of 7, 8.00 – 4.30pm, 22hrs per week
Applicants should note that based on the response, the Company may increase shortlisting criteria.
The successful applicants job offer may be subject to the relevant security checks needed.
The Mount Charles Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.