Lagan Specialist Contracting Group
T: 028 9045 5531
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Company: Lagan Aviation & Infrastructure Limited
Location: RAF Fairford initially, thereafter throughout the UK.
What you'll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Provide commercial links between site team/s, Project Director and Commercial Director
- Commercial review and risk analysis of potential contracts
- Review all contract documentation generated throughout the contract period to ensure the recovery of all entitlements and contract compliance
- Drafting of all subcontracts required on site, with submission to the Commercial Director for approval.
- Managing the procurement process of subcontractors and supply chain on site
- Managing the cost capturing process on site and ensuring COINS accounting costs are up to date and in compliance with company finance procedures.
- Preparation and management of monthly Cost Value Reports, Cash flows and Forecast costs to completion on each project
- To ensure commercial control of contracts throughout project execution and delivery
- External liaison and commercial administration of all suppliers and customers regarding project progress and contractual issues
- Preparation and/or the management of contractual claims / Variations
- Risk analysis and control
- Conducting, preparing and/or managing disputes (if required)
- Awareness of the estimating process and management of the budget process in tandem with the Site/s Project Manager/Director
- Compliance with Health and Safety regulations
- Liaise with the client on site and represent the Company at progress meetings, in order to provide a customer/client focused approach to the project, and in the resolving of operational and commercial issues. Client negotiation from inception to final account.
- Portray a professional image to all external bodies, in the management of the contract.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the site QS’s, for all contractual and other on site administration, keeping accurate records of all stages of the contract
- Recruitment of commercial staff on site if required, with approval from Project Director and Commercial Director
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required to ensure an efficient and commercially satisfactory outcome of the Project.
What you'll bring:
- 10 + years’ experience in a commercially-focused role
- Experience in contract law and being able to negotiate effectively and competently
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Third level qualification in Civil Engineering / Quantity Surveying or a related discipline.
- Commercial awareness, practical knowledge of estimating, experience of different forms of contract and associated contractual law.
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Personal stamina to drive the contract though effective management of the available resources to meet contract deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, providing relevant reports.
- Ability to manage oneself and work to and meet deadlines.
- Membership of, or working towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CICES etc)
The closing date for completed applications is 18th June 12 noon
LAGAN SPECIALIST CONTRACTING GROUP ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER