Clinical Scientist – NGS
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
We require highly motivated and enthusiastic Clinical Scientist – NGS. This key position will involve review of NGS data, variant interpretation and preparation of clinical interpretive reports.
- To ensure strict adherence to all laboratory proceduresTo ensure that all work is done in compliance with ISO 17025 / CAP requirements
- To ensure that all assays meet the specified QC parameters for DNA extraction during NGS library preparation, NGS sequencing and data analysis
- To assist in the development of new molecular genetic assays
- DNA sequencing including NGS
- Use of Bioinformatics packages and variant interpretation software
- Implement clinical diagnostic reporting procedures for NGS assays and other genetic assays
- To apply a systematic approach for the analysis of DNA sequence data and for the interpretation of variants
- Deliver presentations on NGS gene panel tests and other genetic disorders as required
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified to Honours degree level in Molecular Genetics, Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a Life Science discipline with a 2:1 grade or above
- To be registered with HCPC as a Clinical Scientist in molecular genetics
- To maintain professional membership of national and international societies such as ACGS, RCPath
- Experience in Molecular Diagnostic Testing, sequence variant interpretation and clinical reporting
- 3 years’ experience in a genetic diagnostic laboratory or equivalent
- Further qualification MSc or PhD in relevant discipline related to molecular genetics
- Experience in clinical interpretative reporting of NGS panel tests for inherited cancer and / or inherited cardiac disorders
- Experience in Bioinformatics packages and sequence variant interpretation packages
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential. We are open to considering candidates on a full-time or part-time basis for this role.
The position will be based at the Randox Clinical Laboratory Services Laboratory at Randox Science Park, ANTRIM.
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
The Molecular Biology group at Randox develop innovative multiplex diagnostic tests that provide greater clinical information from a single patient sample, allowing enhanced decision making. We are increasing our test portfolio, which already includes oncology, cardiac and infectious disease panels, so require additional research scientists to meet demand.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer