T: +353 (1) 457 5000
As Civils Supervisor you will be expected to have a level understanding of civil engineering works within the utilities sector. As Civils Supervisor your roles and responsibilities are listed below, but are not exhaustive:
Responsibilities as Supervisor include:
- Supervise workflows – survey where necessary and ensure that work streams have been programmed by the supply chain.
- Manage the full project lifecycle from allocation to closure. This includes managing site quality and ensure the completion and submission of digital evidence for closure of works.
- Ensure policies, procedures and processes are communicated and understood by crews on site.
- Address non-conformance/non-compliance early in order to minimise cost impact.
- Report findings real time via a handheld device on our IT based systems.
- Provide updates and reports on a regular basis to their Line Manager for further communication throughout the business.
- Ensure all permit and noticing conditions are being met on site.
- Identify with the supply chain and direct labour where DFE'S are required and prepare submission to the relevant Project Manager for Client approval.
- Manage and maintain existing LA relationships – carry out joint site meetings with the Client and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that suitable levels of information and safe working instruction has been applied and has been communicated throughout site based crews through the tool-box talk process
- Keep accurate daily records of works planned and issues encountered.
- Monitor and provide digital evidence of all sites daily
- Coach, mentor and monitor operatives to work in a safe, quality and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain their own levels of Continual Professional Development and where necessary report lapsing accreditations to the Regional Training Team to book in for re-qualification/accreditations
Health & Safety Obligations:
- Fully understand and implement the company safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure that the programmes for the contracts are successfully delivered with the “Work Safe Home Safe” ethos.
- Drive compliance to any regulatory measures that may apply to the works and operations that KN undertake.
- Ensure that site crews have access to company RAMS and undertake their “Point Of Work Risk Assessment” and site survey prior to commencing works.
- Ensure that a calibrated CAT G 4+ in conjunction with a Genny have been used for scanning and detection of underground services during excavations
- Report any unsafe acts, dangerous occurrences, near misses, incidents or accidents onsite.
- Report utility strikes to Regional HSEQ and ensure suitable u=investigation has been undertaken along with completion of remedial action.
- Stop works onsite in the event of identification of unsafe working practices, methods, equipment being used or incompetent personnel employed to undertake works.
Skills & Experience required:
- Must hold a full UK Drivers’ Licence.
- New Roads & Street Works Act 1991 Operative Qualifications (LA S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7)
- Knowledge of the Openreach network.
- Confident working to tight timescales effectively.
- Knowledge of civil engineering within utility sectors.
- Registration with Smart Awards and holder of NOPS card.
- Experience as acting as or as being the lead/supervisor whilst live civil engineering works are being undertaken.
- CSCS card (CITB, EUSR, CPCS)