Hours: 40hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB6133
Business Unit: Diagnostics
Location: Craigavon or Manchester
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Biostatistics team based either in our global headquarters in Craigavon or our Manchester site, you will be responsible for providing statistical support to the Diagnostics group at Almac, focusing on study design, interpretation of results, and reproducible reports. A key to this position is stong communication skills, the ability to design robust experiments, and the comfort in arguing about the merits of proposed experiments/analyses,
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
The successful applicant will be appointed at either Biostatistician or Senior Biostatistician level subject to their relevant level of experience. Please ensure your CV clearly reflects your previous experience and suitability for the role.
- Masters degree (or equivalent level qualification) in Statistics or a related discipline
- Previous experience performing statistical duties (including, but not limited to, professional statistical roles, post-docs, or statistical consulting)
- Experience in basic statistical analyses
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- PhD in Statistics or a related field
- Previous experience working as a statistician in the diagnostics industry
- Previous experience overseeing multiple projects in a solo setting with successful completion
- Previous experience in the following areas: Statistical Process Control, Bayesian methodologies, R statistical software
Additional essential and desirable criteria are outlined in the person specification attached to the online job posting.
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Occupational sick pay
- Critical illness policy
- On site physiotherapist
- Death in service benefit
- Perks discount scheme
- Westfield health benefit
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: 27th January 2021 at 09.00 hours