T: +353 (1) 457 5000
Position: Bid Co-ordinator
Reporting to: Pre-Contract Manager
Location: Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4RF, United Kingdom
Full Time: Yes
KN Circet are currently seeking a suitable candidate to join their Commercial team. The Commercial team oversee the production and submission of expressions of interests, pre-qualifications, proposals, and tenders across KN Circet. This role will offer the candidate the opportunity to play an important role in securing work across multiple clients and territories.
- To co-ordinate all aspects of the Bid function, managing workload, maintaining work standards etc.
- To co-ordinate the production of pre-qualification / tender applications and tender documentation, ensuring that there is sign off by the appropriate Director (or designated representative) before submission.
- To co-ordinate the receipt of information from third party stakeholders e.g. Designers & Suppliers
- To establish and maintain required ‘standard’ information for the department, in particular CVs, project profiles, company details, accreditations, etc.
- Develop and maintain an open relationship with the Commercial and Contract teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other internal departments as appropriate for the effective operation of the Commercial function – Estimating, Health and Safety, Quality, Human Resources, Finance etc.
- Develop and maintain an open relationship with key personnel appropriate for the effective execution of the role.
- Build effective relationships with appropriate external bodies such as client procurement teams and the supply chain.
- Ensuring that databases, systems and procedures are fully integrated into a single KN Circet approach to pre-qualifying/tendering.
- Quickly acquiring the knowledge and experience needed to provide a high-level service to the various departments.
- Balancing the demanding workload of pre-qualification / tendering work.
- Key Skills/Person Specification
- Experience (Minimum 2 Years) working in a marketing / sales / tenders / business development environment
- Experience in MS Office
- Experience using 3rd party procurement portals
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Demonstrable track record of working effectively in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the utilities/construction industry
- Knowledge of procurement processes and documentation
- Knowledge and experience of the preparation of formal presentations and promotional literature
The following personal attributes are key to success in the above role;
- Client-orientation – Ability to be focused on the needs and requirements of the client
- Planning and Organising – Ability to plan and organise an often-heavy workload to produce high quality outputs and to meet tight deadlines.
- Detail Consciousness – Abilities to handle detail in a rigorously and accurate fashion, reducing the propensity to make mistakes.
- Creativity – Ability to generate innovative ideas on a regular basis and to examine problems and issues from a unique perspective.
- Interpersonal skills – Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people. Being aware of the impact of words and actions on those around them and to amend these accordingly. Skilled with workers, direct reports, and other management team members.
- Team Working – Innate ability to build effective working relationships with other team members